ACTIVITY ISLAND LIMITED & ISLE OF WIGHT SCHOOL JOURNEYS LIMITED
1. Bookings will be acknowledged by us in writing and will be deemed to be provisional until your first deposit cheque is received.
2. A booking form and FIRST DEPOSIT of £23.50 for each paying member of the party must be received by us by 30th September. However, for bookings accepted during or after September, deposits must be received within four weeks of the date of booking [see Booking Procedure page 25].
3. Payment of a deposit is regarded as evidence of the client's total acceptance of all booking conditions.
4. In these conditions, the client shall mean not only the person who completed the booking form but all persons on whose behalf the booking form was so completed. The signatory of the booking form warrants that he/she is authorised to complete the form on their behalf.
5. A SECOND DEPOSIT OF £23.50 per person is required to be paid by mid-December [for those schools travelling during the autumn term, the date on which this deposit is payable will be advised individually]. An invoice will be forwarded in good time for payment.
6. THE TOTAL COST OF THE VISIT, LESS DEPOSITS PAID, MUST BE RECEIVED BY US NOT LATER THAN 8 WEEKS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE. Should the balance not be settled by the due date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as being cancelled by you, or to levy surcharges.
7. We willingly accept reasonable alteration of the itinerary, free of charge, after it has been arranged. However, we reserve the right to charge £5.00 per changed appointment should the requests be unreasonable and/or excessive.
8. If cancellation of individual pupils is required, the following will apply. IF RECEIVED MORE THAN 21 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE - DEPOSITS ARE NOT LOST, BUT GO TOWARD FINAL BALANCE DUE. PRICE-PER-PUPIL IS ADJUSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SLIDING SCALE OF CHARGES. IF RECEIVED BETWEEN 01 AND 21 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE - LOSS OF 100% OF TOTAL PRICE. IF RECEIVED ON OR AFTER COMMENCEMENT DATE - LOSS OF 100% OF TOTAL PRICE.
9. If cancellation of the whole booking is necessary, you must inform us immediately in writing. Bookings are maintained until the date that written notification is received by us. All cancellations will be acknowledged. Cancellations are subject to the following charges: IF RECEIVED MORE THAN 56 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE - LOSS OF DEPOSITS PAID IF RECEIVED BETWEEN 22 AND 56 DAYS - LOSS OF 60% OF TOTAL PRICE IF RECEIVED BETWEEN 01 AND 21 DAYS - LOSS OF 100% OF TOTAL PRICE IF RECEIVED ON OR AFTER COMMENCEMENT DATE - LOSS OF 100% OF TOTAL PRICE
10. If additional pupils are included up to 21 days prior to departure, the extra cost will only be in accordance with sliding scale of charges. After 21 days - payment must be made directly to the suppliers at the time of visit.
11. The party leader and all other accompanying adults are at all times fully responsible for the supervision and behaviour of pupils in the party and must take all reasonable steps to prevent any damage or disturbance. We accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage caused to property. Hoteliers/coach operators etc., will require payment by the school involved for any damage caused to furniture/fittings/vehicles etc.
12. We reserve the right to alter itineraries when conditions arise which are beyond our control.
13. We do not accept liability or responsibility for any personal illness, injury or death which results from the negligent [as the word is understood in the English law] acts or omissions of any servant or agent, or any supplier, working on our behalf in the provision of services or facilities to your party and whilst acting within the scope of their employment. We accept no liability for loss or damage to any property belonging to or travelling with a participant. We do not accept responsibility for losses or additional expense due to delays or changes in travel services, sickness, weather, strikes, riots, war, terrorism or any other cause. We act as agents for travel principals from whom detailed conditions of carriage are available.
14. Whenever possible, Activity Island Ltd will forward risk-assessment documentation for places of interest, activity centres etc. These risk-assessments will have been carried out by the venue operators' staff, or by duly-qualified agents appointed by them. Activity Island Ltd is neither authorised nor qualified to carry our risk [or safety] assessment of the premises, vehicles [land, marine or air] or business operations of third party organisations or contractors thereto. The owners and operators [and/or contractors specifically appointed by them] of hotel accommodation, coaches, ferry/marine transport, places of interest, activity centres etc., all have individual, sole and exclusive responsibility for compliance with current safety, insurance, supervision, fire regulations, public liability and health & safety issues related to their facilities and/or vehicles and/or equipment.
15. Whilst we have taken great care in the preparation of all the information contained within this brochure and have ensured that it is as accurate as possible at the time of being printed, we accept no responsibility for alteration to or withdrawal of accommodation, transport, facilities, activities, places of interest or services in circumstances beyond our control.